Pondicherry has a plethora of things to do and see, including pristine beaches, historical buildings, French and Tamil housing, ancient monuments and churches, and a colonial atmosphere. this place will eventually take you down to the beautiful seaside promenade, where you can watch the Bay of Bengal splashing the famous Rock beach.
Auroville, conceived as the “Universal Town,” is a township where people from all over the world, representing diverse cultures and customs, come to live in harmony. Auroville is located in Tamil Nadu, about 15 kilometers away of Pondicherry. Mirra Alfassa, an Aurobindo disciple, founded it in 1968, and everyone at the Sri Aurobindo Society affectionately referred to her as “Mother.”
Every Friday Departures From Pune and Mumbai and Thursday Arrival(Oct-April)
- Every Saturday Departure from Bangalore and Wednesday Arrival (Oct-April)
INCLUSIONS / EXCLUSIONS
What is included in the tour
- Train travel from Pune/ Mumbai/Bangalore
- 2 Days of accommodation on a triple/ quad-sharing basis (genderwise)
- Two-wheeler for 2 days commute around Pondicherry with petrol.
- Total of 6 meals (Breakfast and Lunch on Day 3, Day 4, Day5).
- Entry charges at Paradise beach.
- Private vehicles (as per batch size) to Chidambaram and Pichavaram
- Pichavaram boating charges
- Entry charges at the Auroville
- Guided Tour
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera charges
- Meals during the train journey
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Scooter parking charges
- Entry for globe sightseeing if open
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- Transaction charges depending upon the mode of payment will be charged by Razorpay(Use the NEFT option to pay and save gateway charges)
- Experience the french capital of India with its natural and architectural beauty.
- Boat through the world’s second-largest mangrove forest.
- Get the most Instagramable pictures possible at the Charming White Town.
- A beach-town rich in culture and heritage will definitely keep you astounded.
- Wanna explore the earth’s center? Then the Natraja Temple at Chidambaram is the perfect place for you.
- Come dine the best of French and Indian fusion cuisine in cafes with an amazing ambiance.
- Pristine, picturesque, and calm beaches will keep you hooked
- Wanna know about the universal town of peace and harmony? Auroville is the place for you.
Day 1: Boarding the train
- Pick up points
- Pickup from Mumbai: 9.00 pm board DR PDY EXP from Dadar or Kalyan
- Pickup from Pune: 23.50 pm board DR PDY EXP Spl from Pune Railway Station
- Pickup from Bangalore at 9:30 pm board DR PDY EXP from Yeshvantpur Jn
Day 2: Scenic Train Journey
- Pass through the routes of coastal Karnataka across the serene beaches. Our captains are well equipped to keep you entertained for a long journey for an amazing experience. Also, don’t forget to bring your UNO cards with you!
Day 3: Auro Bindo Ashram, Manakula Temple, and Rock Beach
- Reach early morning and check into the hotel
- Rest for a while, and have a stomach-full breakfast, then leave for our sightseeing
- Start with the very calming ‘Aurobindo ashram’ Give yourself a soothing start to the trip here. Meditate if you like.
- After Aurobindo Ashram we visit the Manakula temple followed by lunch
- Next, we will head towards the rock beach. Spend your evening at the rock beach, exploring the Gandhi statue, some famous churches, and the old lighthouse today.
- Walk around the white town at night or go clubbing.
Day 4: Auroville sightseeing and Serenity beach | Departure back
- Today we will start our day with a soothing sunrise by the Serenity beach.
- Return to your stay, freshen up, have breakfast, and leave for Auroville.
- Visit the very famous Matrimandir today, architecture that forms the ‘soul’ of Auroville town.
- There are many cafes at Auroville that we can explore today.
- After Auroville sightseeing, we will visit Serenity beach
- Later, in the evening you can hike the streets of Pondy
Day 5:Chidambaram,Pitchavaram and Paradise beach
- Wake up early morning and leave for Chidambaram, breakfast on the way
- Explore the massive Chidambaram temple which is the geometrical center of the earth.
- After exploring Chidambaram we will enjoy boating in the mangrove forest of Pitchavaram.
- Post which we depart back to Pondicherry and have a late lunch.
- Evening we stop by Paradise beach for sunset and return back to the hotel for a rest
- 9.00pm we take Chaulukya Express back to Pune,Mumbai and Bangalore
Day 6:Train Day
- Enjoy the scenic train journey
- 6:00 am:- Reach Bangalore with loads of memories
Day 7:Arrival in Pune,Mumbai
- 2.00 am: Reach Pune with loads of memories
- 6.00 am: Reach Mumbai with loads of memories
Note: Train tickets will be in confirmed or RAC(half window seat) as per availability of seats for last-minute bookings!
The age group of the trip is 14-46 years due to the power-packed itineraries we provide to our travelers in case your age is above that we can provide a customized itinerary
Things To Carry
- ID Card (Must)
- 2-liter water bottle
- Camera (Optional)
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder and some ready-to-eat food
- Haversack or Backpack to put all this (No sling bags)
- Breathable and comfortable clothing (prefer modest clothing for temples)
- Please carry medicines if you need any.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewellery during the event as we won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please carry a positive mindset since this is going to be a long trip on a tight schedule
- Drivering license
Rules And Regulations
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the beaches/ monuments is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Rooms will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick-up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while the return journey.)
- Team captains’ decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trek Panda as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riots, political unrest, natural or other disasters, nuclear incident, or terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
Pune to Pune Sleeper Train: 9750/- onwards
Pune to Pune 3AC Train : 11750/- onwards
Mumbai to Mumbai Sleeper Train : 9750- onwards
Mumbai to Mumbai 3AC Train : 11750/- onwards
Pondy to Pondy – 7749/- onwards
- DY PDY special from Yashwant railway station
- Arrival Train:
- Chalukya Express
- DY PDY Exp from Dadar and Kalyan railway station
- Arrival Train
- Mass LTT/ MS CSMT EXP from Chennai
- DY PDY Exp from Pune Junction
- Arrival Train
- Mass LTT/ MS CSMT EXP from Chennai
Rest details will be shared with you on WhatsApp 3 days prior to the trip
Cancellation Policy –
Required forms will be mailed to you, post booking via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly note that trekfit adventures makes its tickets from IRCTC certified agents
- We use intelligent AI-based tools like Confirmticket to predict the confirmation probability of your ticket
- Tickets are made based on the maximum confirmation probability and solely depend on the remaining days for your departure
- However, it is essential to note that the tool does not guarantee a 100% confirmation guarantee for waitlisted and RAC tickets every time and trekfit does not hold any control to confirm tickets every time.
- There might always be a chance that you get a RAC(half-seat) ticket instead of a confirmed seat and trekfit is not responsible for not providing confirmed tickets since IRCTC is a govt body and we do not hold any control over that.
- It is always the best thing to book your trip in advance at least 20 days prior to improve your possibility of getting a full seat on the train
- The seat availability of trains depends from the season to season and since few routes have specific one or two trains running on the route it might get difficult to get a confirmed seat during peak festive and tourist seasons
- Also kindly note that our agents will get in touch with you to provide alternate options for trains where you can hold a chance of a confirmed ticket which may have some monetary difference in the ticket amount which if you confirm to upgrade shall be liable to pay.
- Also, there might arise a chance that our predictability tool may fail and you may get a RAC seat once the chart is prepared. Kindly note that trekpanda won’t be responsible for providing full seats in such a situation nor refunding any amount since it is a govt transport and not private.
- Premium trains like Rajdhani and Duranto have a fare of 50% on the higher side than regular trains however they provide the highest confirmation probability and you can always opt for the same.
- In case you want to cancel your train tickets in the middle of a trip to opt for flight options you need to update us 36 hours prior to providing hassle-free cancellation last minute cancellations are not practically possible every time as our agents work in fixed time slots and there are various other factors associated to it.
- GROUPTWO- FLAT 150 PER PERSON OFF ON GROUP OF 2
- GROUPTHREE – FLAT 200 PER PERSON OFF ON GROUP OF 3
- GROUPFOUR – FLAT 225 PER PERSON OFF ON GROUP OF 4
- GROUPFIVE- FLAT 250 PER PERSON OFF ON GROUP OF 5
- GROUPSIX- FLAT 300 PER PERSON OFF ON GRPOUP OF 6 AND ABOVE