If you are adventurous & a trekking enthusiastic looking for some fun activities in the Manali region of Himachal Pradesh, then Hampta Pass Trek can be a perfect destination for you.
Hampta Pass Trek is located below Sethan Village. It’s a small corridor between Lahaul and Kullu valley of Himachal Pradesh.
It is one of the most amazing treks for beginners, who want to quench their thrust of trekking in the Himalayas.
Hampta Trek is surrounded by the peaks of Himalayas, Deo Tibba, Indra Asan, and Indra Kila which gives you an astonishing sight of meadows of flowers, Pine forests, Oak, Rhodo, Glacier Valleys, Sweeping Paddocks and Waterways.
The trail will be followed by flat from Jobri Nala to Chikka. The trek passes through the beautiful forest of Pine and Oak, which makes this trekking expedition to Hampta Pass an exciting one.
Got excited about this trek? Let’s get into the details.
Day 01: Trek from Manali/ Jobri (2600 m) to Chikka (2960 m/8960 ft; 5 hrs) (approx. 9kms)
- After breakfast, you will start your Hampta Pass trek.
- For starting the Hampta Pass Trek you have to first start trekking from Jobri Nallah walking aside the river till Chhika.
- After Passing through wild forests of Oak, Birch and Fir trees, we will reach to our beautiful campsite Chikka.
Day 02: Chikka – Balu Ka Ghera (3300 m/ 11096 ft; 6 to 7 hrs) Approx 8-9 kms
- After breakfast gear up yourself and continue the Hampta Pass Trek.
- Today’s trekking will lead you to the real beauty of the Himalayas as you set eyes for the very first glimpse of towering snow-capped peaks.
- Chhika to Balu ka Ghera trekking takes about 5-7 hours. During this, you have to cross the freezing River and climb the gradual hike.
- Walking through the flowering meadows and valleys creates a magnificent view that you can’t forget.
- For arriving at Balu ka Ghera, you will have to cross over a fast flowing mountain stream bridge.
- Balu ka Ghera is a beautiful camping site with mesmerizing sunsets.
Day 03: Balu Ka Ghera – Hampta Pass (4227 m) – Shea Tohru (3600 m/ 12000 ft; 9 – 10 hrs) Approx 9 – 10 kms
- Trekking tour continues once you will have your breakfast.
- Today’s trekking will be a little bit difficult due to trek steep incline till the pass and then the downhill to the next camp at Shea Gohru.
- The Pass is located at an altitude of 4227m so breathing problems can happen, but you don’t have to worry about that, we will be having all the medical facilities such as portable oxygen cylinders, pulsemeters and medical kits with trained guides.
- After crossing the pass we will enter into the valley of Lahoul and Spiti, that are totally different.
- After walking for few hours below the pass we will reach to the campsite.
- While walking downwards you have to be very careful because the downhill has loose rocks on the way.
- Shea Gohru is located near the river has very cold temperature and strong winds makes the place coldest campsite of the whole trek.
Day 04: Shea Gohru (3600 m) – Chatru (3300 m) – Chandratal lake (4300 m.) (6 – 7 hrs) Approx 6 – 7 km
- After breakfast we will continue to the trekking. Starting from Shea Gohru, we will have to cross the river once. The route becomes flat at the base of the mountain.
- We will have to cross the stream via a temporary bridge constructed by the trekkers. While crossing the bridge road will starts appearing which will lead you to Chatru.
- After having your lunch we will continue to visit Chandratal Lake by taxi. You can take pictures and explore the beauty of majestic lake.
- This moon shaped lake located at an altitude of 14,100ft and is a delight for the visitors. We will head back to Chatru camp where we will stay overnight.
Day 05: Chandratal lake (4300 m) – Manali (1800 m) via Rohtang Pass (3980 m) (7-8 hrs)
- After having your breakfast we will wind up the camp and start back to Manali via Rohtang pass.
- After reach Manali group will break and head towards their willing destinations.
Available Batches :-
june Batches :-
05june – 11 june
12 june -18 june
19 june -25 june
26 june – 02 june
july Batches :-
03july – 09 july
10 july -16 july
17 july – 23july
24 july – 30 july
Augest Batches :-
17Aug – 13Aug
24Aug – 20Aug
21Aug – 27Aug
28Aug – 3 Sep
Package Types (Price Per Person) :-
The Hampta Pass Trek is one of the easiest Himalayas trekking tours. Specially meant for the beginners & no special training is required for this trek.
The average Hampta Pass temperature is 13°c to 18°c. The temperature can dip to – 0°c at night.
Hotel/ Guesthouse, organized Campsite.
Simple tasty meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided. On trekking days packed food will be available.
- Accommodation. (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipment’s.
- First aid medical kits.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Manali to Jobra and return Chatru to Manali.
- Accommodation and meals in Manali.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Price Includes”.
ATM points and connectivity:-
Nearest ATM services for Hampta Pass Trek will be available in Manali. You are advised to carry cash for the further journey of trekking Himalayas to avoid any complications.
Permissions/Passes and Permit:-
There are required entry fees at a certain checkpoint, permit for trek and obligatory forest camping trip charges in the region for the entire length of the trek.
Things to carry:-
Following are the list of items which should be carried personally.
- Rucksack and rain cover
- UV Ray protected sunglasses.
- Good trekking shoes.
- Walking stick
- Water bottle.
- Winter warm trek clothes like thermal wear, jackets and hand clubs.
- Extra pair of warm socks.
- Raincoat and torch.
- Personal utility products like moisturiser, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, lip balm.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone, Mail 5 days prior to the Date of Travel.
- No refund if the cancellation is requested is less than 5 days of day of travel.
- No show, no refund.
- Booking cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the our service partner will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard earned money.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the trip due to unforeseen circumstances, in case of such cancellation your amount will be refunded back.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s togedr wallet.