Trekfit Adventures presents the Velas Turtle Festival 2023 for all those who wish to embark on a memorable sojourn with fellow Travelers to witness rare sea turtles at the Golden Sand Beach of Velas. Watching their bok go during mating season is one of the things many would remember from visiting Velas.
An Environmentalist’s Guide to the Velas Turtle Festival:
Velas Turtle Festival was created to spread awareness of Olive Ridley Turtles, one of the more endangered species. In addition, Velas hosts the festival each year to promote eco-tourism and help raise money to protect and conserve these turtles.
- 18th-19th March
- 25th-26th March
- 1st-2nd April
- 8th-9th April
- 15th-16th April
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune to Pune via Non AC tempo traveler
- 1 Breakfast,2 Lunch, 1 dinner
- Bankot fort sightseeing
- Harihareshwar temple visit
- Entry and permit charges
- Visit to 2 hatching session
- Ferry charges to harihareshwar beach
- Tents with mats on sharing basis
What is NOT included in the tour
- meals during travel ( dinner )
- Anything not mentioned above
- Enjoy eating delicious Home Made food by locals
- Visit Harihareshwar beach and Historical Bankot fort
- An amazing road trip across the swaying palms of Konkan
- Beach view camping on the cliff
- 8:00 am: Pickup from SB road JW Marriot opposite side
- 8.30 am: Pickup from Xion Mall Hinjewadi
Day 1:Departure from Pune | Harihareshwar visit | Campsite check-in
- 8.00 am: Depart from Pune to Harihareshwar post breakfast
- 1.00 pm: Reach Harihareshwar and explore the temple
- 2.00 pm: Lunch on the way and depart to Velas via ferry
- 4.00 pm: Play sometime on the beach enjoy some group games check into your camps
- 6.00 pm: Experience the first evening hatching session followed by a magical sunset on the beach
- 8.00 pm: Have your dinner followed by some group sessions
- 10.00 pm: Rest for the day
Day 2:Bankot fort | Hatching session two | Velas to Pune
- 5.00 am: Wakeup call as we head to the beach for the second hatching session
- 6.00 am: Enjoy the hatching session and later come back to the camp for breakfast
- We visit Bankot fort followed by lunch on the way
- 2.00 pm: Explore the bankot fort and leave for Pune
- 11.00 pm: Reach Pune with loads of memories
- Blankets or shawls
- Any personal medicines
- Extra pair of clothes
- Light snacks
- Sunglasses and Suncaps
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- If found participant will be terminated on spot.
- Throwing garbage on trails is strictly not allowed.
- Participants should carry their own waste with them
- Playing loud music in the mountains is prohibited.
- Writing anything or any activity leading to disobedience of historical places is prohibited.
- Tents will be allotted as per male and female ratio by team captains, no requests will be entertained.
- Pick up and drop will be at the same location ( however you are free to get down on the route while return journey.)
- Team captains’ decisions on any particular situation will be final for the mutual benefit of participants.
- If the behavior of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising due to such action.
- In case of any injuries/illness on a mountain/river/waterfall during a trip/activity, Trekfit as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- As it is likely that in these sorts of trips weather must be taken into account if conditions are such that we have to change arrangements we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, natural or another disaster, nuclear incident, terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a trip as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
Pune to Pune : 2499/-