Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time.
- A beautiful fort in Ahmednagar, which gives you a perfect spot for trekking is on everyone’s bucket list. Ratangad Fort is a historic fort that is at an elevation of 4255 ft. Located in the western ghat, this extraordinary fort is around 23 km from Bhandardara.
- Ratangad trek is an easy to moderate level trek. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the Ratangad fort. You will have a stimulating trekking experience, and it will energize your entire mind and body. There are many routes for trekking to the Ratangad fort, and the most popular is the route from Ratanwadi village. While trekking, you will come across various caves, which visitors use for camping. You can sit with your group inside the caves and enjoy the local food.
- When you reach the final destination which is the Ratangad fort, you will see a mesmerizing beauty from the top. You can witness a 360-degree panoramic view of several mountains. You can view the scenic beauty of all the mighty mountains and forts like Alang, Madan, Kulang, Harishchandragad, and many more. Not only this but there is an astonishing view of the Bhandardara lake which will be a treat for your eyes. You can view the mesmerizing cliff in front of you as you walk at the edge of the fort.
- You can have an uninterrupted view of the Sahyadri mountains. The splendid and gradual sunset is a major attraction here. You can also feel the strong wind everywhere which will rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- In monsoons, there is fresh greenery everywhere surrounding the fort and the trek area. Climbing the hill amidst the lush greenery is surreal. You can also witness the gorgeous waterfalls while trekking.
- In winters, the dense forest is filled with fog, and you can also view the vagrant white running clouds. There are also various flowers seen in the winter.
- If you want to have an adventurous trip and spend time in the lap of nature, then you should experience the Ratangad fort trek.
- Ratangad Height: 1296m (4255ft)
- Ratangad Trail: Combination of forest trail and iron ladders.
- Ratangad Trek Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Ratangad Trek Endurance: Medium to High
- Ratangad Trek Length: Approx. 6 km
- Ratangad Trek Location: Ratanwadi, Maharashtra 415407
- Ratangad Trek Best Time: June to February
- Ratangad Distance from Mumbai: 178 km
- Ratangad Distance from Pune: 175 km
- Trek to Jewel fort Rantangad
- Panaromic views of AMK and ajoba mountains
- Magical trail of Sandhan valley
- Seasonal flowering at the top of fort
INCLUSIONS/EXCLUSIONSWhat we’ll give. What we won’t
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Pune to Pune via private vehicle
- Local Guided
Trekfit Trek Leader
- First Aide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bisleri or drinking water
- Anything not mentioned above
- 5% GST will be added during checkout