from 0 review
Up to 4 days
Paragliding in Bir-Billing
Bir-Billing, Himachal Pradesh
Bir Billing successfully hosted paragliding world cup in 2015. Many pilots from around world from 140 countries
Participated. Mr. Arvind Paul was the 1st among Indian in Paragliding world cup. He is the one who handled all our paragliding flights. He make sure all the safety measures during paragliding flight. He is the best pilot of India and also training to learn paragliding in our paragliding school. Paragliding is his passion and he knows all the wind trends happening in the Bir-Billing Valley. Bir-Billing considered best and safest destination for paragliding in worlds by many of the Participants in Paragliding world cup.
Best time or best season for the Paragliding.:- Paragliding is possible throughout the year except for the monsoon. Monsoon here from early July to late September. Monsoon here are with very heavy rain from July to September, which is the time when paragliding is closed in Bir Billing. Bir-Billing is located in the foothills of Dhauladhar mountain range of Himalaya’s, which provide amazing weather conditions throughout the year.
Pickup Time: 08.00 AM Drop Time: 12.00 PM
Things To Carry
• Will be informed later.
Route 1. : Delhi – Chandigarh – Kiratpur – Una – Mubarkpur/Paragpur – Dehra – Kangra – Palampur – Bir -Billing:-530 km.
Route 2. Delhi – Chandigarh – Kiratpur – Bilaspur – Mandi – Jogindernagar – Bir-Billing :-520 km.
Route 3. : Manali – Mandi – Jogindernagar – Bir-Billing:-180 km.
Route 4. : Dharamshala – Palampur – Bir – Billing:-70 km.
Route 5. : Pathankot – Palampur – Bir – Billing:- 140 km.
These are the routes to reach Bir-Billing. If you driving your own car then best route to reach Bir-Billing is Route -1. This is bit long but safe and smooth. Other routes can be used if you driving from nearby destinations like Manali and Dharamshala. Route from Pathankot can be followed if you travelling in Train till Pathankot or visiting Vaishno Devi temple and the planning to visit us.
Paragliding session of 15-30 min.
Bir (Paragliding landing area) to Billin (Paragliding Take off point) transport.
Experienced Paragliding pilot.
• The bus reaches Bir in the wee hours of the morning, and then we leave for Bir Campsite.
• Check-in at your camp and freshen up.
• Once you get to Campsite, the awe is going to get to you. The majestic beauty of this place is more than a little overwhelming.
• Take a break, and have lunch, this is included in your package – Eat as much as you like, make up for those pesky calories you will burn in the trek.
• Explore the surroundings as we go for trekking in Bir Forest and waterfall Hike.
• Enjoy the bonfire bonanza with evening snacks. (Unless by some twist of fate, it ends up raining; although we sure hope not.)
• You have dinner at the camp, which is again included in the package.
• Go to sleep early (or at least try), you do need to prepare for the Paragliding the next day.
• Rendezvous with Sky
• Wake-up and have an early Breakfast.
• Experience the adventure of Para-Gliding in the ‘Paragliding capital of India’ at the height of 2400m!
• Get ready to discover what Bir is all about. We will be visiting Bhattu and look around the town on our mountain bikes!
• The rest of the day is at leisure, enjoy Tibetan Refugee settlement donned with Buddhist monasteries and a large stupa.
• After getting there, you can wander around clicking pictures, stuffing yourself with Tibetan food, and meeting the locals until about 6 pm – that’s when we leave for Delhi.