Overnight Trek to Kalsubai, Highest Peak in Maharashtra 🚩
Kalsubai with the height of 1646 meters 5400 Feet is famous as one of the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai lies in the Sahyadri mountain range. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
- Kalsubai Trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Kalsubai peak: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai peak: 3.5 – 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Kalsubai peak height: 5400 feet approx.
Beginners can do this trek
There are no difficult trails/rock patches. Its a simple trek and can be completed by everyone.
This is an offbeat trek and hence better to do with expert leaders of Trekfit.
What to watch out for…
Spectacular View of the famous fort peaks from the summit
The views from the summit of Kalsubai Peak is astounding. Most of the famous peaks of the Sahyadris like Alang, Madan, Kulang, Ratangad, Ajoba are visible from here. Trekkers combine two or more treks for more adventure and challenge.
The Auspicious Temple of Kalsubai Devi at the summit
The Kalsubai temple is considered very auspicious and many villagers still visit the temple to seek the blessings of Kalsubai Devi. The temple is open throughout the year.
A pleasant walk amidst fields, farmland, and grasslands
Bari village is a farming village, from the start of the trek the walk is through extensive fields and farming land. This is the best part of the trek and is an easy enjoyable walk.
The Thrill of climbing four narrow iron ladders on vertical rock faces!
The ladder section comprising four narrow iron ladders is the most adventurous and challenging part of the trek. The ascent and descent on this trek is the same way so there is a two-way traffic of trekkers and villagers! Trekking in the monsoon season can be tricky on these ladders.
Itinerary from Pune
- Report at SB road, bank of Maharashtra, Opp J.W Marriott, Near live Space at 08:45 PM
- Pickup from Nashik Phata at 9:15 PM .
- Start travelling to base village via private bus.
- 04:00 AM Reach Base village and keep your extra luggage in the bus.
- 04:00 AM Start trekking towards Kalsubai
- 07:00 AM Reach Kalsubai temple and expolre
- Have breakfast and click pictures
- 2PM Start descending to Base village
- 5PM Have lunch at Base village
- 6PM Depart for Pune
- 10:30 PM : Reach Pune.
Event Fees:- Pune:- 1300/-
Why book with Trekfit Adventures?
- We have organized more than 1000+ treks in Sahyadris in past 4 years.
- We have a dedicated team of leaders and volunteers who will first give priority towards your safety.
- The fun during the bus journey, introduction of all members and the networking of all members that takes place is what we are known for.
- You will definitely have an amazing, memorable experience of trek with Trekfit Adventures. You can check our google reviews too.
- Once you book the trek with us you are a part of Trekfit family and be rest assured for long term relationship for all travel journeys.
- Private bus Travel(Non ac buses)
- Breakfast and tea
- First aid
- Fun games during the bus journey
- Local Guide charges
- Entry charges
- Expertise from our team.
Things to carry :- (Few things in the list are optional)
- Please wear full pants and full sleeves T-shirts to protect from tanning, thorns, insects in the jungle
- Snacks(Energy bars, Chikki, Biscuits, Sprouts, Chips, Dry fruits)
- Glaucon D/Protein shakes/Gatorade/ORS
- Carry extra pair of clothes which we can change after completion of the trek.
- 2/3 liters water. Shortage of water is faced during treks so please carry enough water.(Mandatory)
- Any personal medicine and personal first aid(Mandatory)
- Good grip trekking shoes (Mandatory)
- One day backpack/rucksack of 30 liters (Mandatory
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Rains are expected so please carry a rain cover /Jacket and cover your phones also in a plastic cover.
- Don’t bring any expensive and not required items during treks. Trekfit wont be responsible for any loss of phone/valuable item.
- Good torch with an extra battery if you have planned a night trek.
Trekfit – +91 7887412351 / +91 9112000530. Please WhatsApp us if we are not able to pick up your call.
Please send a screenshot of payment on WhatsApp 7887412351.
Social Media links:-
- Come in a group of 5 and avail discounts of Rs 50 per person.
- Come in a group of 9+ and avail discounts of Rs 100 per person.
- Refer about treks to your new friends who wants to come and avail 5% referral cashback which can be used in next treks. The only condition is you should not be in this trek while referring.
- Buy a subscription membership of Trekfit Adventures
- Rs 5000 wallet amount-05% off on all treks till you use Rs 5000
- Rs 7500 wallet amount-7.5% off on all treks till you use RS 7500
- Rs 10,000 wallet amount-10 % of on all treks till you use Rs 10,000 and also get a t-shirt of Trekfit free.
You can pay by Paytm/Gpay/Phone pay app on- 9112000530. You can book online from our website .
Bank Account details:-
- Trekfit Adventures
- Canara bank current ac no.2829201000323
- IFSC : CNRB0002829
- MSFC, Senapati Bapat road
Please send a screenshot on 9112000530 after booking.
- Seats will be reserved only after full payment.
- We created a WhatsApp group 12 hrs. before the event and all our members in the group. Further trek leaders contact details, bus details are provided in the WhatsApp group. You can add all your members in the group once we make you the admin of the group.
- Trekfit has the right to modify or change the schedule if required in case of emergency.
- Trekfit team holds the right to cancel any event and refund with prior notice.
- We strictly follow a no alcohol, no smoking and no litter policy. Members are requested to follow this strictly and pick up your own litter during treks. We care for the nature and forts of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj that we are visiting. We should maintain a strict discipline on forts.
- If Trek gets cancelled due to Police restrictions/any other unforeseen circumstances/natural calamity 40% of the amount will be refunded. Our trek leaders will try conducting some other nearby trek and make your weekend happy. We always try to make your weekend the best one and as per the plan but in this covid time we need to make some changes in the plan.
- If you cancel the trek by your own before 24 hrs of the event ,25% will be cancellation charges. On the spot cancellation/12 hrs before the trek will not be refunded.
- Once booking is done and if you cancel the trek the amount will not be refunded, but you can use the paid amount by attending any other event of Trekfit adventures in the next 6 months/pass on your credit to your friend.but for this condition you need to inform us 14 hrs before the trek departure.